Tuesday 16 August 2011

Make-up and glitter

Another side of the work here is doing promotion gigs, interviews, pod-casts, live radio shows and all kinds of different show-ups and hanging around. Yesterday we performed at BBC radio live in front of an audience with Viva la Vida and Bohemian Rhapsody. We had to be there quite early in the morning to do soundcheck, which you can sense in the picture below.


The day before we had a pod-cast performance at 11 a.m, also in front of an audience which of course means that you have to show up in full make-up and glitter pants. Picture the face expression of the waiter at the lunch restaurant we went to directly afterwards...

Tonight after the show we are going out for a drink with our flyer team. Our flyer team consist of six people whose work is to hand out flyers of Pink Noise to people on the streets and convince them to come and see the show. The importance of their work is huge and we really have a great team!

The other day one of them, who I had not met before, stopped me, gave me a flyer and begun his quite convincing speak about the show. I was like uuuuh hmm well thanks but don´t worry, I will be there every night. He looked at me a bit confused, said okay and walked away. I realize that you cannot underestimate the power of make-up...

Here I am in the Assembly garden, enjoying the few minutes of sunshine before I crawl into the green tunnel...

1 comment:

  1. Live broadcast on BBC! That sounds great! And your Bohemian Rhapsody is so touching, that there's running mice in my back even if I only think about it.

    I'll see you at Sellosali soon!

    ReplyDelete