Thursday 4 August 2011

Furniture?

Two nights down, 22 to go! Yesterday was our first pre-show and I would lie if I would say I wasn´t nervous.  The staff at the George Square Theatre is wonderful, I cannot believe how calm they are even when surrounded by neurotic performers. They have 20 minutes time to make changes on stage between every show. And there are eight different shows on our stage each day...
So far everything has been going fine, knock on wood. As far as I know we all have been able to get into the right clothes on time, no one has been naked on stage. Yet. Yesterday we had a clock on stage to make sure we kept the 70-minute time limit and lets just say we were pretty exact on that.

Work doesn´t stop after the show. No, that is when we put on our bathrobes, jump into a taxi and go to do some promotion performance somewhere.

Two things are difficult for me here in Edinburgh. First we have the left-hand traffic. I still am not sure where I should look when I cross the street, I am a real hazard for the drivers.
And then we have the language. The other day we were on our way to an interview. Outside the radio station a woman came up to us and asked, or at least I thought she asked, if we were here for the furniture. I was thinking come on, look at us, do we look like we are here for some furniture and just swept by. Well, imagine how stupid I felt when she some minutes later came up to the studio just to check that everything was okay.... I tried to make a joke about how difficult english is for me but she probably just thought I was the weirdest person in town.

Celebrating our first Fringe performance with the whole Fork crew.

No comments:

Post a Comment