Sunday 17 April 2011

Monday

Monday morning. Pretty grey feeling. Watched of course the elections last night and well, lets just say I am not that happy with the results... Is it so that I now need to dig out my old Finnish Mark because we are soon leaving the EU?
On my way to rehearsals, which is a happy thing. I think it is almost two months since last time. We have been on the road since end of January. Today will be all about how to shorten Pink Noise by Fork from 2,5h to 70 minutes..because that is the time we have for doing the show in Edinburgh. Yeah, we are going to the Fringe festival in August to do 21 shows in 23 days! It´s such a crazy idea that of course we have to do it.:)
And then we have to come up with good promotion texts. How do you explain something like Fork and Pink Noise in 40 words?? I will let you know as soon as we know...


By the way, I am Mia and this blog is about my life in the a cappella group Fork. About whats going on backstage, what our dreams, goals, hopes and fears are and how we put up with each other day after day.... And of course about our way to the Fringe festival and Edinburgh.

For those of you not familiar with Fork - well just check out www.fork.fi or Fork on facebook
We are a bunch of people who many years ago decided to start a band. We didn´t feel that a band with a flute, a bas guitar, a piano and a violin was really that hip and cool so we went a cappella. No instruments, only voices. Today this is our full time job.

This is us. Kasper, Anna, Jonte and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment